Locally-owned businesses are the lifeblood of our economy and our communities.
Local businesses need our support now more than ever as we all navigate these unprecedented times. We have compiled resources that our clients have told us are helpful, in the hopes they will be helpful more broadly as well.
During this time, Project Equity is open for business and here to help. Our team is skilled at working remotely, and we are available via phone, video conference and email to support our clients, and to engage with businesses interested in employee ownership, or who want to explore how these changing times could impact your plans.
We encourage everyone to support local businesses and their workers if they can. Here are some suggestions:
- Order takeout or delivery to support local restaurants (if still an option)
- Purchase gift cards from your favorite local store or restaurant
- Shop online from your local businesses
- Order local business merchandise (many businesses sell t-shirts, tote bags, hats, etc.)
- Buy local produce
- Consider a donation to a foundation or fund supporting local workers and small businesses
Resources compiled by other organizations that we hope can be helpful
California / San Francisco Bay Area Resources